Healthcare Easier Nondiscrimination & Auxiliary Aid Notice
Healthcare Easier Nondiscrimination Notice & Notice of Availability of Auxiliary Aids & Services
Healthcare Easier doesn't exclude, deny benefits to, or otherwise discriminate against any person on the basis of race, color, national origin, disability, sex or age in admission to, participation in, or receipt of the services and benefits under any of its programs and activities, whether carried out by Healthcare Easier directly or through a contractor or any other entity with which Healthcare Easier arranges to carry out its programs and activities.
Healthcare Easier is committed to making its programs, benefits, services, facilities, information, and technology accessible in accordance with Sections 504 and 508 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973. Healthcare Easier provides various auxiliary aids and services, including alternate formats and relay services, at no cost to better communicate with people with disabilities.
To request an auxiliary aid or service, you can:
- Call (888) 926-8736
- Send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Your request for Healthcare Easier publications should include:
- Your name, phone number, and the mailing address where we should send the publications.
- The publication title and Healthcare Easier Publication No., if available.
- The format you need, like Braille, large print, compact disc (CD), audio CD, or a qualified reader.
If you believe you’ve been subjected to discrimination in a Healthcare Easier program or activity, there are 3 ways to file a complaint with the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Office for Civil Rights:
- By phone: Call 1-800-368-1019. TDD users should call 1-800-537-7697.
- In writing: Send information about your complaint to:
Office for Civil Rights
U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
200 Independence Avenue, SW
Room 509F, HHH Building
Washington, D.C. 20201